Re: ULF photography

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/17/05-08:49:13 PM Z

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Patrick Jan Van Hove wrote:

> Ok, sorry for being obscure : ULF, Ultra-large format... Basically
> photography using stuff bigger than an 8x10 camera... It's linked closely in
> my mind at least with alt processes, since the large negatives are perfect
> for contact printing...
> And what do you mean by "quick route to passe" ?

Or maybe a slow route to passe (that's with an accent after the final e,
meaning past, or over) ?

I wondered about "getting as many people as possible interested in 'ULF'
photography." I suppose not knowing what it was, my comment was
superfluous, but it did occur to me that popularity is not necessarily an
unmitigated good -- unless you're in the business, say a magazine that
wants advertisers, or selling equipment, or can't get materiel because
there's not enough demand. Otherwise, arcane tends to be sexier than le
dernier cri. Perhaps unwisely I shared this thought. Then again, honi soi
qui mal y pense.

Judy