Re: lens questions

From: Robert Tilden ^lt;rntilden@lotus.phys.northwestern.edu>
Date: 07/07/05-08:01:47 AM Z

I don't pretend to be an expert on anything- especially not with this
group- but I -have- noticed some interesting things when using a digital
camera (in my case a D-100) to photograph scenes with a high IR content.
If the infrared source is intense enough you can get appreciable 'leakage'
through the IR block filter in front of the imaging sensor. I've seen this
effect most recently while shooting a raku class- the glowing pottery not
only was a bit brighter than it should have been relative to the
background but had a definite color shift. It's probable that there is
sufficient IR (and, come to think of it, UV) in welding (arc welding
especially) to make a difference in exposure between digital and film.

-B

--
Bob Tilden, rntilden@lotus.phys.northwestern.edu
High Energy Physics Group