RE: test images: screw-in BLB UV box--1000 watt bulb?

From: Kate M ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 07/12/05-03:02:24 PM Z

Hi Charles, I use a mercury vapor lamp, 400W I think (not at work so I
can't check) and suspended about 12-15" above my benchtop. This gives
exposures of around 10 minutes with cyanotype. It does get quite warm,
but not hot enough to damage a print in that time. I've been doing night
classes with some beginning students and we did some cyanotypes using
photofopier negs - I use inkjets myself.
I picked up the lamp second hand - it had been hauled out of dismantled
supermarket. You can quite often get these. The self-ballasted ones are
the ones to get, and make sure they are properly earthed - some that are
intended to be used up high are not, and can kill ya!

Kate