Kodak B&W Paper Discontinued

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 07/13/05-07:19:38 AM Z

       The Kodak decision to listen to their share holders rather than
their customers should be discussed as this is obviously one the ills of
capitalism that has affected many list members directly at this
time............... On the other hand the percs of capitalism and Kodak
could and should be presented also as Kodak , for the past 100 years ,
thru the incentive of providing services, research and developing
products for profit , we in no wise would ever had access to, or had
the knowledge available to use them ............There was not a greater
company like this in the world expanding photography to what it is
today..........................
       I personally feel Kodak could have, and should have, streamlined
their operation so that small dealers were not harnessed with such large
quotas of both chemical an photographic material that they could have easily
continued to supply a inevitable diminishing customer base........
Diminishing sales never looks good on paper but the reality is that
products could have continued with smaller gross profits but they axed
these services just to look good to their shareholders...........
       There is not reason in this world that they still could have
continued to make a profit on all of these items in smaller
    John Cremati