Re: Ryuji, DuPont Velour Black

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 07/17/05-11:46:00 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Cremati" <johnjohnc@core.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2005 5:19 AM
Subject: Ryuji, DuPont Velour Black

> Ryuji,
> I would like to make you aware of something....... I
> use Microsoft
> Outlook Express for my Mail................Your email
> posts to the alt list
> have always have the paper clip attachment icon next
> to it..... I do not
> get this with anyone but you...........
> Lateley the Spam Police from my server has been
> intecepting your
> posts and reading them as spam and trashing them...... My
> security settings
> are set at normal and again , you are the only list member
> that this is
> happening to..........
> Does any other list member have this problem with
> Ryuji posts?
> I really value your posts and would hate to miss any
> of them.....Are
> you sending your emails thru a 3rd party....? Sometimes
> this may be a
> problem .......Are you using a preformated email and then
> replying to posts
> thru that?
> Best Regards,
> John Cremati

  I've looked at a number of messages from Ryuji archived on
this machine, all read in plain text without indicating an
attachment. I have OE set to reply to all messages in plain
text. When a message with HTML is received it shows up as
having an attachment. Currently, the default security
settings for OE are such that it will not display HTML as
such until told to, this can not be overridden by any
settings.
  I occasionally get what appears to be a plain text message
where the quoted text shows up as a text attachment which
opens with notepad. This may be due to some setting in OE.
  By using the "properties" function in the "File" menu one
can see the original, text, version of any message received
using OE (similar settings exist in all mail readers).
Checking this usually shows up whatever it is that generates
the attachment. In the post I asked about it did not, or at
least I could not interpret what caused the body to be shown
as an attachment. I do not have this problem with Ryuji's
posts.
  At one time you had to be a mechanic to drive a car, I
think computers are still at that stage.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com