Re: polivinyl alcohol vs. gelatin sizing

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 07/29/05-03:33:04 PM Z

Giovanni,

I have not used the Elmers glue but had some very nice success with what is
marketed as Tite-Bond II (that's a roman numeral 2) in the states. It is a
very waterproof glue meant for gluing wood. I used it diluted with 10 parts
water. At least one of the prints I showed a APIS was sized this way. It's
limitation is that the glue is not white or clear but has a yellow color
that gives the sized paper a slight "buff" color. It is just off white a
little, not so much yellow but a slight amber color. It wouldn't be right
for everything but is very subtle for work that can tolerate a warm white.

Jack