Re: posting with anonymity or with a fictitious name

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 07/30/05-12:17:46 AM Z

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: posting with anonymity or with a fictitious name
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:28:01 +0000

From: Dave Rose <cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:46:05 -0600

> I'm used to interacting with guys like Wildman, Doc Vern, Spinyfellow,
> etc....

> I don't have any problem with nicknames. BTW, my real name is Dave
> Rose.

Katharine and Dave, I agree that posts without a real name lack
credibility and they look somewhat dishonest for serious
discussions. Actually, I didn't say directly but I should have said
"posting with a false name." The reason I asked was because I sensed
that one poster has been posting with a name that sounds like a real
name other than his own, not like Wildman, Wild Turkey, Cockroach or
anything like that. This person has a history of using various email
addresses with false names in the email's From: header line.

I don't intend to continue this discussion or request a new rule. I
just wanted to send some signal and my reaction to the person who is
falsely identifying on this list.

Ryuji Suzuki