Re: I'll never double coat cyano again -- was what I've learned about cyanotype thru PDN

From: roman sokoler ^lt;sokoler@post3.tele.dk>
Date: 06/07/05-08:06:40 AM Z

Chris

I don't think you should mix the steps on the 21-Stouffer with the 21 steps
on your calibrated PDN.

For the test Charles have done I still think he need to find the SPT (
standard printing time) for both the single and double coated cyano.

If he printed with this ( what I think : prolonged time) he would then see a
longer tonal range on the Stouffer.

Roman

by the way - in Post Factory Photography issue #5 - a lot of testing is done
with single and double coating. Here Cor Breukel says " a dramatic boost in
print density" with double coating - also my exerience.