Re: what I've learned about cyanotype thru PDN

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@bellsouth.net>
Date: 06/10/05-08:17:11 AM Z

Charles,

I wish you would buy just one sheet of Platine from D. Smith--it's about
$4.70 for a 22x30, which is not out of sight.

 Because this is my question: with the right paper, and the right curve,
why would you need to double coat? A lot of that namby pamby grey blue
washed out look I see with cyanotype I wonder is because of paper choice and
not using a proper curve, not because of single or double coating.

My deepest blue on Platine doesn't need to get any darker, but maybe I'm
just looking for what I might term a "convincing" dark blue and not the
darkest one available. I am by no means a cyano expert, only desiring to
get a proper curve for it for tricolor gum.

I suppose we could not answer that question unless we all brought prints to
APIS (which I will) and compare.

But I am so thrilled you did these tests and posted them online!!
Chris
PS when I print on Platine, in case you do, I print on the smoother side,
which may even be the back...one side is a tad more textured.