Re: Boiling gelatin

From: Fabiano Busdraghi ^lt;fabusdr@yahoo.it>
Date: 03/14/05-02:02:40 AM Z

Hi,

From: Piero Vanni, Rodoflo Namias "Il processo di stampa fotografica positiva
alla gomma bicromata", 1923

"If the sheet of paper is dipped in hot gelatin solution, the paper broken
off, becomes flabby, acquires an aspect which it would acquire if it is
dipped in oil: that happens because the warm water removes from the paper
the gelatin that already it had when it was manufactured. Such unexpected
accident makes that one obtains the opposite effect to that one wished: the
paper becomes quite similar to a sponge."

In my experiments I notice the same with arche acquarelle, but less whit
rives. I than use a cooled salt gelatin solution at 27°C
regards

HOME PAGE: http://fabiano.agriturismo-diavolino.com
GuIT, TeX, LaTeX: http://www.guit.sssup.it

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto pił divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
http://it.messenger.yahoo.it