Re: How to apply curves in PS for digital negatives...

From: Grace Taylor ^lt;gtay22@earthlink.net>
Date: 11/28/05-08:02:02 AM Z

Judy, there's still a WHOLE lot I don't know about getting the best
results for alt-photo printing from digital negatives, so I still have
a lot of learning to do. I have a question. Would the print-out you
suggest be an ink-jet printout, or a Van Dyke print of the step tablet?
  It has been the Van Dyke print of the step tablet (along with an
image) that I have used to adjust the curve, using a percentage guess
as to how much to adjust. Then adjusting again on the next VD printout
until the result looks the way I want it to. I've never used a
densitometer, but it would certainly be more accurate than eyeballing.