RE: blue vandykes

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 10/03/05-01:51:39 AM Z

Hi Scott & Galina,

I always thought that Blue Vandykes are actually Vandyke over Cyanotype
(that's how I do). I do it as described in Christopher James book: I
overexpose (by 1/2 to 1 stop), the Cyanotype after it gets dry (and
cures) I coat 1:1 diluted (with distilled water) fresh Vandyke solution
over it. Vandyke exposure should be done by slightly unregistering the
negative (for more interesting effects). I guess this way you can omit
the gelatin sizing over Cyanotype + won't have to struggle to get the
bleaching effect just right.

Can you please comment?

Regards,
Loris.