Re: How Much PMK

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 10/03/05-01:05:25 AM Z

PS:

I don't use PMK, it's a waste of Metol. I use pyro A, B, C at a ratio that
I got from Morley Baer, which is 6:2:2 + 11 times H2O.

The history of PMK goes back to the late 1850's when, in a rush the
photographers in the field couldn't wait for their Pyro formulas to properly
develop; so they tossed in some Metol, formerly called Elon. This was a
dismal excuse for developing one shot pics. in a hurry.

Later, in press photography, they'd 'boil the soup' and push the process to
sometimes less than a minute. But, quality didn't matter, since the printer
would compensate and the neg would be trashed soon as the journeyman got it
onto the plate, anyway.

I could go on about the dumb process using PMK, but it get personal and
inflamitory. Since I take the time with trays and a green light, I'm sorry
for those of you who put yuourselves through all the difficulties, but
applaud your experimentation to learn for yourselves.

S. Shapiro