Making PlatniumChloride out of Platinum wire

From: John Cremati ^lt;johnjohnc@core.com>
Date: 10/24/05-11:42:20 AM Z

    Here is a good trick that not many people know about.....

    Over the years I have literally made thousands of dollars by getting the
thermocouples out of scrapped out high temperature kilns and off
temperature controllers on heat treating lines.....They are usually have a
solid platinum wire along with a dissimilar platinum based alloy wire..
Either wire sells for about $9 a gram at the scrap dealer...
 . I have heard rumors of pure platinum crucibles out there in specialized
science labs and high tech process plants but have not run across one
yet... I heard they are about $20,000 new for a decent size one.............
Sooner or later I will come across one though and I bet I will be able to
buy it for one dollar or two............ .
        You can tell if it is platinum if you put a cutting torch to it and
it just glows and forms a little ball but does not vaporize.... It should
also bend relatively easy like lead sheet and have a brighter
finish.........

John Cremati