RE: Gum over Palladium

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 10/26/05-02:04:21 AM Z

I see..

Anyway, my way of thinking was as following: Less pigment will veil the
shadows less but in the same time its effect in highlights will be more
subtle. More dichromate/exposure is for decreasing the contrast of the
resulting gum layer: if contrast is high then you will get tone in the
shadows but not in the highlights (you want the opposite). Plus, if you
don't like the effect of gum exposure in the shadows you will need some
delicate brush work - probably hard to do with 4x5 prints.

Regards,
Loris.