Re: Lumin prints tests

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 09/06/05-08:55:30 PM Z

George, et al,
My student is trying to put a call into Burchfield to ask the question: are
the book's images, in fact, SCANNED unfixed prints, that are later fixed, or
are they apres fixed? If, after all this, I find out that they are scanned
before fixing, I'm going to feel cheated! But maybe, after all, in this
digital age, this is a great idea??

I think the person who put moisture as a factor is probably right on. Maybe
even heat? In the equatorial sun?

Thanks all of you for posting so much. Today I gave the student a jar of
sodium thiosulfate and sodium carbonate so she can mix her own alkaline fix
and see if that alleviates the bleaching. It's a semester long project so
when she starts her discovery, I'll post. Thanks, Andy Duncan, for your
input, too.
Chris