Re: website finally up

From: Clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 09/07/05-04:37:42 AM Z

In the above-mentioned "Technical" section, you unashamedly,
> unabashedly, and apparently unforced used the term "whilst."
> Please forgive
> me if you happen to be an ex-pat Brit, who is simply clinging to
> the last
> vestiges of his homeland, but MY GOD, MAN! In the privacy of your
> own home,
> you're welcome to wear knee breaches, sip hot tea with cream, and
> feast on
> offal, but for the love of all that's currently passing as
> civilized, never,
> ever utter (or type) the word "whilst" in polite company...

As my daughters might say "OMG!" I truly did not even notice that. I
don't know if I was somehow channeling Frederick Evans or what. I am
the furthest thing from an ex-pat Brit - my family is originally from
'the sticks' in East Tennessee. The only people in that area who use
the word are snake handling preachers who have learned to speak
entirely in King James English.

Bollocks! It makes me tetchy even thinking about it. I feel like such
a sod. I will certainly change it within a fortnight.

Cheerio,

Clay