Re: update on lumen prints

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 09/23/05-08:34:20 AM Z

Hi Andy,
Nice website! Fun to get to know you. You're not too far away from me in
BZ MT.

The student in my class doing lumen prints had a couple in crit this week
that were beautiful. They were on Ilford MGIV paper, which surprised me.
They were fixed with the sodium thiosulfate (10% with the addition of 1%
sodium carbonate, 5 min). She used times up to 10 hours, and the ones that
were the most compelling were some daisies that she did; the center of the
daisy printed yellow just like a daisy!! So the interaction of the
moisture/pollen/chemistry/whatever really does some of the neatest effects.

This batch of students I have in Experimental Class this semester is just
FUN. They are teaching me all kinds of new things, as they are very
adventuresome. The only problem with the class is that every week I teach a
menu of processes, so I end up zooming through 50+ different things. Lumen
prints, therefore, are, like, soooo two weeks ago :) and I have yet to take
a breather and make my own...but a few years back when I did this process
Forte paper and Ilford Warmtone produced the most amazing terra cottas.

Funny, for as unexotic as Ilford paper is, it does the best mordancages,
too...
Chris

From: "Andy Duncan" <duncanad45@gmail.com>