Gelatin size: brushed or immersed?

From: Carmen Lizardo ^lt;carmenlizardo@yahoo.com>
Date: 09/23/05-11:54:47 AM Z

Dear List,
First, thank you all for all of the help with my
“cyano first coat dilemma”. Its solved now. I am
using Fabriano Artistitco, 140 lb (much chaper than
the 300lb, although I got the heavier paper to print
really well with a white vinegar pre -coat) now I
have gelatin questions:

I started to size my paper today, by immersing it
into the gelatin solution, but since my sheets are so
big, 22x30”, this procedure requires a lot of gelatin
to fill my tray. Also, it is kind of hard to do such
big sheets by myself. I know that some of you brush
the gelatin solution on the paper, which right now
seems easer to do. What are the adventages and
disadvantages of each method? And, can you offer any
advise in how to do eather merhod more efficiently? I
am planning to harden the gelatin with glyoxal (by
immersion)
Thank you again for all of your help.
Carmen
--- "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>