RE: Using Gluteraldahyde; was: Glutaraldahyde activation?

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 09/30/05-09:28:34 PM Z

Katherine,

Reviewing my post reveals an error. I should have typed 150 ml of gelatin
not 100 ml of gelatin.

According to Chris she adds 3 mls of glut to 500ml of gelatin. So using
those ratios I calculated .9ml of glut per 150 ml of gelatin. (150ml/500ml)
* 3ml = 0.9ml.

I'm not sure how the figure of 0.0225% is calculated that you mention. Since
I was being conservative with my materials (making smaller prints) I only
wanted to mix a small batch of gelatin. That's one reason I was curious to
know how Kerik mixes 6 drops of formaldehyde into 10 ml of gelatin
uniformly. Assuming a drop is 0.05 ml then 6 drops is about 0.3 ml.

As I said, when I have time I will test other papers but first I would just
like to have some fun and make some prints. Not considering the sizing there
are other variables in play that I would like to focus on when printing. So
when time and mood permits I'll experiment with some different papers.

Don