Re: Best CI for process, was RE: shadow density in zone III

From: Clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 09/30/05-09:33:54 PM Z

Well, yeah. A DR of 3.0 would mean 10 stops of negative densitiy
(3.0/.3). Thus a normal 7 stop scene would thus be expanded to 10
stops, i.e. 10/7, or roughly a CI of 1.43. The highest CI I have been
able to achieve is about 1.1.-1.2 with modern films. OTOH, if you
deliberately go after high contrast scenes - say 10 stops or so, and
then develop to a CI of 1.0, then you would of course have a negative
DR of 3.0.... right?