RE: bronzing in pt/pd

From: wcharmon@wt.net
Date: 04/06/06-12:31:25 PM Z

Different types of metal salts can have different propensities toward
bronzing. I actually ran some step tablet tests a few years ago that proved
this to my satisfaction. The worst in my experience is Lithium palladium when
used as a DOP metal salt. It almost always requires double coating. Ammonium
palladium seems to have the least propensity for this. I have also noticed
(but not tested rigorously) that humidity plays a role. I notice that bronzing
is much more likely when the ambient humidty in my darkroom is below 30% than
when it is closer to 50%. Since I live in Houston, 50% is more the rule than
the exception!

Clay

--
believed to be clean.