gum transfer

From: Marek Matusz ^lt;marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
Date: 04/14/06-09:23:43 AM Z

I send it out and realised it went only to Peter, so I am reposting,
hopefully to the list this time

Peter, all
Thanks to all that contrubuted to a stimulating discussion. I am not very
interested in making gum prints on plastic, they just don't look very
attractive to me. On the other hand they could perhaps be displayed nicely
in a light box. My experimets were just to test some theories and to add to
my understanding of alt processes and gum printing in particular. I have
wanted to make gums on glass for a long time, but was not very successful
with it so far. These last experiments pointed me into a new direction. I am
partial to works on paper and would like to see if a transfer of image to a
paper could be accomplished. I have started experimenting on that just as
soon as I saw my first stable image on a transparency.
Last year I bough Sandy's manual on carbon, gathered books and other info,
bought some tissue from B&S and made a couple of carbon prints. I do have a
basis understanding of the process and I am using that knowlege in my
experimentation. I have made several attempts already, nothig to show just
as yet.
Marek, Houston