pinhole

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 04/18/06-06:25:14 AM Z

Hi,

hopefully this subject can be considered here but if not I'll stop pursuing
it immediately.

There are few ways to compute the size of the pinhole one needs for a
specific focal length and vice-versa but in most variant the wavelength is
used in the calculations and most of the time a value of 550 nm (0.00055) is
used in conditions of normal daylight. My question is this, if we use say a
red filter would you suggest we use an higher value of wavelength? Any
suggestions for a Wratten #25 or #29 or better yet a mean to figure it out
for any filter?

Thanks
Yves