Re: Daguerreotypes and Tintypes

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 04/19/06-08:14:24 AM Z

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Kerik wrote:

> If one is going to make REAL tintypes, ambrotypes or glass plate negatives,
> some of the chemicals are VERY dangerous - flammable, explosive, and
> extremely toxic and/or fatal if handled improperly.
>
> Not to be taken lightly!!!

There are two manuals in print, one by the Collodion Journal folks, last I
heard in Rochester, NY -- Scully and Osterman.

The other by John Coffer, a less polished affair as I recall (it's around
here somewhere but probably lost along with so much else), but I would
assume at least as authoritative.

Don't ask me where to get them, though I imagine that Coffer is still at
his NY "country house"...?

J.