RE: Off-Topic, New Orleans Images

From: Dave Soemarko ^lt;fotodave@dsoemarko.us>
Date: 04/26/06-11:03:55 PM Z

I think the list is still a great list with tons of useful information.
Sometimes tension builds up, and the result is like what we are seeing now.

I hope everybody would agree to take our disagreement offlist now. That is
the only way we can make things work, and that is the only way that
listminding can be of any use. You don't even need to give your last
explanation because the other side might want to do the same, and so on and
so forth. It is useless to blame anybody at this point. Let us just
co-operate and bring things back to normal. Can we?

And I apologize to anybody offended. I am the listminder on Tuesday. I
thought about writing some suggestion on Tuesday, but I thought things would
calm down by itself. Well, it didn't. I am sorry about that.

It is hard to decide what exactly is off-topic. Sometimes we went off topic,
but everyone enjoys it, so it is fine; but other times people get offended.
I think a general guideline is when we detected that someone is offended, we
should stop - regardless of our view or preference - if the topic is not
directly related to alt-photo.

Dave S