RE: Off-Topic, New Orleans Images

From: Greg Schmitz ^lt;gws1@columbia.edu>
Date: 04/26/06-11:46:21 PM Z

Maybe we should all move to the letpress list. There are no
listminders and the flare-ups, which occur from time to time, can get
viscous (personal). But battles are generally regarded by the list as
the way things often are in the real workplace (the print shop). NTL
lots of useful information gets transmitted on the letpress list and
the general air - even between those who take jabs at each other from
time to time is far more social than on alt-photo. Perhaps
photographers, esp. process junkies spend too much time alone - dunno?
We all live (most of us anyway) in a political world and that is, at
least in part, makes us who we are. What I get paid, the nature of
the copyright laws, what I'm told I can or can't take pictures of and
how I "see," interpret, and present the world around me all come from
my political surroundings and beliefs. Perhaps, though I doubt it, in
a "perfect world" there would be no flare-ups here. I for one enjoy
the heat around here once in a while.

-greg schmitz