Re: Sorry to ask again but...

From: Judy Seigel <jseigel_at_panix.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:42:21 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for all the info Sandy, which makes a lot of sense...But now I
wonder, if the focus is so good (as with the tintype, etc.) why the oil?
Is that only about Newton rings? If so, honestly, that poof with
cornstarch is a piece of (so to speak) cake.

PS. I'll clip that article from the Times, Sandy, and mail it if you
don't find it. I think it's not nice, however-- I recall "lawsuit" in the
headline.

I'd totally forgotten Carmen with the scanner, Don -- you are a
phenomenon! That portrait might have been somewhat soft, and maybe even
out of kilter... but, it was several inches distant and probably not a
high end instrument (which is to say, just enough "effect" for "art").

J.