Re: Time (and OT motorcycle commentary and URL)

From: John ^lt;ap@puresilver.org>
Date: 02/04/06-09:58:54 PM Z

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 20:50:13 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

>Hey John,
>
>Couldn't help but notice your Webmaster credentials. That's a beautiful
>Yamaha at the XS750 site!

Thanks Dan. That belongs to a friend of mine in Sweden. He's quite
injenius about making something from next to nothing. A McGiver
mechanic of sorts !

>If you're interested, check the following URL where I show a mini
>adventure last year ago when a friend and I were riding in north Texas
>and an oil line came loose on my bike. (Don't even ask about how unhappy
>I was that the line had just been replaced under warranty and not
>tightened properly.) Never mind that just moments before the line blew
>we'd been visiting triple digit speeds, enjoying some of the best (and
>safest) sweepers and rolling straights in this part of the country. The
>"lubricated" rear tire wasn't much of an asset:
>
>http://homepage.mac.com/danphoto/Motorcycles/PhotoAlbum8.html

I had a seal on the left side of my crancase cut loose and spill about
a quart of oil on my show quality chrome 3:2 Jardins. Ever try to get
burnt engine oil off pipes ? Since the bike was built in '79, I don't
think the pipes are available anymore.

Sure is a good thing you didn't loose control of that rig. The
Multistrada is an awesome bike.

>And yes, this is way off topic but sometimes the "community" aspects of
>the list are valuable too.

A much appreciated segue ;>)

To bring this around to photography, do you carry a tripod when on the
bike ? I'm trying to find some way to transport one that will support
my 5X7.

==
         John - Photographer & Webmaster
      www.puresilver.org - www.xs750.net