Nikon D200 (for alt)

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 02/05/06-09:41:34 AM Z

OK, since we can talk about motorcycles I have a quickie question (i'm just
full of questions this week). I KNOW there are digital camera techies on
this list, and I am not one.

Does ANYONE have an "in" on the real scoop about the D200 and its expected
date of arrival? I know it came out, it was recalled because of banding
problems, autofocus problems, etc. I've searched dpreview.com but must not
be using the right question. I've also searched Nikon and the same. I think
there was just a big digitrade show so maybe someone on the list will know.

I will be heading to New Orleans in about a month so that is why I am
concerned.

Is there a comparable camera to this that is better? Price is $1700 body
only which is pretty pricey...

If this is not alt enough you can email me offlist.

I promise I'm doing alt with it...
chris
ps thanks for all the Epson gassing answers--I forwarded them to the person
having the problems.