Re: Time (and OT motorcycle commentary and URL)

From: Pam Niedermayer ^lt;pam@pinehill.com>
Date: 02/05/06-05:50:43 AM Z

I did try the Krauser bags for a bit, but hated them, just not enough
space inside relative to the awkward weight off the BMW, transitioned to
soft saddle bags. Also tried a customized top case that I used 30 years
ago (60/5 then, now R90S) to carry the 35 mm system. Although the camera
is still in good shape after 20k miles of travel, including 1-1/2 years
travelling around Mexico, I grew to hate that dead weight on the back.
Solution? I added a side car, which was also handy for getting about in
the snow in Boston. Today I think a trailer is the best solution for
large format, or the Vanagon. :) On the bike, digital in a tank bag is
primo. What would also work is a Graflex on a very short tripod or
monopod in a huge tank bag.

Pam