Re: Combo Prints

From: Dan Burkholder ^lt;fdanb@aol.com>
Date: 02/05/06-03:54:52 PM Z

Hi Again Christina,

Sorry I almost missed this thread and your question. Here’s a short
answer; I’ll write you off-list with a more comprehensive response.

Pigment Over Platinum--admittedly a name that confuses readers because
they assume it’s the order in which the print is built, rather than how
the final image resides on/in the paper--was a fun way to keep one foot
in the wet darkroom while, once again, exploiting digital control.

I won’t jump into the “who did it first” quicksand but I can tell you
that I announced the process (on this list even) in the summer of 2001
and was producing (and distributing) actual P.O.P. prints at that time.

Hope this helps!

Dan

--
www.DanBurkholder.com