Re: Fwd: Nikon D200 (for alt)

From: Pam Niedermayer ^lt;pam@pinehill.com>
Date: 02/06/06-02:26:27 AM Z

Thanks, Mark. This Foveon chip is CMOS, that I liked a lot in a much
smaller MP scanning camera 4 or 5 years ago, good to see they've been
able to take it to point and shoot models. But it gets very confusing. I
look at the photos on the Sigma site (downloaded and examined with
Photoshop), and they're gorgeous, no artifacts. Then I read about them
on photo.net, and it sounds like a whole different camera, artifact
laden, too few MP's, etc. There's also a cheap Polaroid version that
they've discontinued that uses 1.5 MP X 3, or 4.5 MP claimed. It, too,
sounds real interesting and only costs $220 or so direct from Polaroid.

I agree with you, no interpolation; but how does Photoshop handle the
files? Would you import separate rgb files and combine? Your 39 MP blad
should be great fun. Do you get to keep it?

Pam