Re: Nikon D200 (for alt)

From: Pam Niedermayer ^lt;pam@pinehill.com>
Date: 02/06/06-04:47:03 PM Z

Well, then, the chip makers need to be more careful and/or more
sophisticated. If there is that electronic bleed in all chips, such as
CPU's, the governors that turn a bit on and off take care of it (seldom
does the amount of electricity passing through a gate correspond
precisely to on/off). Based on what I saw of CMOS photos a few years
ago, that didn't seem to have the fringing, I assumed the problem was
with CCD's. This could, of course, be a fawlty [sic] assumption. I
probably know just enough to be dangerous.

So, I guess digital will remain a 35mm/snapshot replacement for me for
the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
Pam