Re: Nikon D200 (for alt)

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 02/07/06-08:10:52 AM Z

>> Does ANYONE have an "in" on the real scoop about the D200 and its
>> expected
>> date of arrival? I know it came out, it was recalled because of
>> banding
>> problems, autofocus problems, etc.

I'm still not going to be of much aid . . but I photographed w/the
D200 yesterday and compared
it with my 8 mpxl Olympus 8080, which in my mind is really good. But
the D200 outdid it hands
down in terms of:
noise (both were shot @ ISO 400)
chromatic aberration (separation of tonal values in mid to dark areas
w/out fringing)
sharpness (could read small text much better)
color rendition (what I'd say is a more accurate rendition from dark
to light color values)

Jack Fulton