Re: First gallery ' experience'

From: Kerik ^lt;kerik@kerik.com>
Date: 02/07/06-03:19:46 PM Z

Kate,

Don't let the opinion of one blowhard gallery owner get to you. You should
remind him that Sally Mann, probably the most successful comtemporary fine
art photographer working today, has been working with wet plate collodion
for the last few years. Believe me, if Sally walked in his font door, he'd
be on his hands and knees begging to show her work.

Do the work you believe in and do it well. I'm sure you'll find a venue to
show it.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a friend who dropped off work to
be reviewed in a New York City gallery several years ago. He went back
later to pick up his prints and was told only "I can't stand your work and
don't have the time to tell you why".

Kerik
www.kerik.com