Re: Yupo

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 02/08/06-01:55:14 PM Z

Hellena,
Back in the day AFTER Nam they used to use dichromates in sausage. So you
ate them. Dichromates are also used in furniture finishing. And in the
tanning industry back at the turn of the century (1900's) where people were
knee deep in the stuff. Dichromate sensitivity, ulcerations, and poisoning
were the problems with excess contact. Ugly stuff. Horses used to have
ulcers up and down their shins from wading in it. I'll have to locate the
BJP article on that.

I make a point about not handling dichromates without gloves and not
sniffing the jar, not drinking beer in the darkroom and other such common
sense practices--I don't think I would use an air brush gun with the stuff
without a respirator...but I have a hard time thinking a roller would be a
problem. I think there is a balance between fear AND safety.

 I, frankly, am far more worried about all the aspartame use in this world.

However I am not a scientist so I really should keep my mouth shut....
chris