Re: Nikon D200 (for alt)

From: Jack Fulton ^lt;jefulton1@comcast.net>
Date: 02/09/06-10:47:19 PM Z

Yeup Judy, you're doing okay: learning. If you are saving money buy
day old bread etc. Also, using the inks to create a negative is
fine as you are making a print and that'll be as archival as you
normally do. So, even thought the neg might (i write 'might') be non-
archival, you really do not care for the expression of art
manufacture has been completed via that print.
The same is true for work prints. The very term 'work' print means
you've not had the intent for it to last but only to see if it warrants
the time to make it quality and that quality then includes fine ink,
fine paper and that combo generally provides great archivability.
And, when one is involved with a work pattern and making lovely
larger photo prints employing ink-jet procedures, why not just use
good, proven, inks, work with an inexpensive paper, which will match
your final paper choice and just get into it and make art . . not
proofs.