Re: Dissolving Ferric Oxalate Kallitype

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 02/10/06-02:22:03 PM Z

I finally got my answer from my supplier jdphotochem who apologised and
kindly offered to refund my purchase. The material they supplied me was
labeled sic. "Ferric (Ferrous) Oxalate" on their bottle. I'm reading an old
thread that Ed Buffaloe posted and Jeffrey Mathias replied to:

/lists/alt-photo-process/2003/jun03/0178.htm

It sounds very similar to my problem ie. mud at the bottom of the bottle.
Could someone give me the details of the "potassium permanganate method" of
producing Ferric Oxalate for Kallitype, Pt/Pd? Is it reliable? Is there a
use for raw "Ferrous" Oxalate powder in alt-photo? Thx.

~m