RE: Cyanotype

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 02/16/06-12:31:26 PM Z

Sorry but your 30 years of experience definitely doesn't help you to
understand what I'm saying (Can't help you if you don't want to do so.
Actually I believe this very issue is definitely not related to your
knowledge or experience; it's related to your character). Since English
is not my native language I will try to simplify by means of numbered,
short and simple sentences:

I. I can make terchically perfect traditional cyanotypes
  I.a. In this case techically perfect means:
    I.a.1. Darkest, textureless shadows prints at maximum density
obtainable by traditional cyanotype (tested *without* a negative; to get
or not being able to get the negative right is completely out of scope)
    I.a.2. Specular higlights are paper white,
    I.a.3. Midtones are just how I want them to be,
II. I want more density and dynamic range
  II.a. Can have it with double coating traditional cyanotype
  II.b. Don't want to double coat
  II.c. By no means single coating provides it (see I.a.1: tested,
including options such as acid development)
III. Can print perfect new cyanotypes (see I.a.1 - I.a.III)
IV. New Cyanotypes give me the density I want
V. I want bluer cyanotypes (new cyanotype)
VI. I don't want greenish blue (traditional cyanotype)
VII. New Cyanotypes give me the color I want
VIII. Repeat IV and VII ten times
IX. End
X. Added this line because I wanted to finish the list at X

Quoting you:
"...But then if a good picture is not your objective there are lots and
lots and lots of variations you can try..."

Including Cyanotype-Rex? (Since good old simple traditional cyanotype is
enough to make good pictures)

Quoting you:
"...It is important to point out to those setting out in the 'alt' world
that most of these processes are very simple, (the cyanotype is the
simplest of them all) and that the student should be very careful when
people make them unnecessarily complicated..."

Why the need of a retro-invention then? (Since good old simple
traditional cyanotype is enough to make good pictures)