RE: Digital Negs - breaking the rules

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 02/17/06-06:03:02 AM Z

Carlos I don't have experience with Epson Ultrachrome inks but... Once,
I was using Piezography quadtone carbon pigment inks (Selenium tone,
Museum Black) for making enlarged negatives. These inks were performing
bad on Pictorico (easily smear, can transfer to the print, couldn't
print from the same negative most times...). Then I switched to
Photowarehouse Ultrafine Crystal Clear Transparencies (thanks again
Christina)... Piezography inks were almost bulletproof on that
substrate.

Maybe you can ask list members if Ultrachromes perform similarly on
Ultrafine. If someone can confirm that Ultrachrome inkset gets along
well with Ultrafine, then you can try some sheets of it... (But
Ultrafine has its own problems; such as being too thin - feeding
problems(?) - and causing venetian blinds effect - something related to
being thin and/or coating incosistencies(?).

Regards,
Loris.