RE: Digital Negs - breaking the rules

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 02/17/06-09:10:37 AM Z

Well Gentleman, I have both set ups, an Epson 7000 with Cone Sepia Inks that
runs with IP 6.0 and I also have a 4800 but not set up to run with IP. I
have both substrates in stock. The sepia inks do stay on the Photoware House
UCF and while I was mostly happy with those results, I was not completely
satisfied. I also have the Pictorico OHP and have only run limited test(too
many irons on the fire right now), the MK inks sat well. I did make one
test print but more are planned. The new Epson drivers are so much better
than the old ones; the digineg will go through yet one more make over.

Cone was of no help in working with their inks. I asked if they had any
data on the UV characteristics of any of their inks and all I got back was a
blank stare. I have a set of cool tone inks as well, but don't really have
time to run tests on them. I believe that Dan Burkholder had run some tests
with the 2400?

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9