Re: Cyanotype

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 02/18/06-06:23:37 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Huber" <shuber@ssisland.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:40 AM
Subject: Re: Cyanotype

> Hi Sam,
> Thank you for your response- I don't have a step tablet
> and don't know where
> to get one here.
> If a negative doesn't print out weell, what would a step
> tablet tell me?
> That the steps are not exposed enough?
> The stain in my pyro are not much... most of them look
> brownish and; lately
> I have been using Pyro-Cat which is better in that I can
> use more processes
> with the developer.
> I have never been able to get a real emerald stain from
> the Pyro- (I use the
> formulary formula) and have hard water with a filter.
> Hope to hear from you soon,
> Susan

   Stouffer Industries is a good source of step wedges and
step tablets. They are at:

http://www.stouffer.net/

The uncalibrated ones are not expensive. Calibration is
necessary only for precision work, the density values will
be close enough for testing materials.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA