RE: off topic warning about purchasing cameras online

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 02/19/06-01:40:40 PM Z

Chris,

However it plays out, you've done a good deed in a naughty world by
warning us.

On the bright side, being forewarned could save you (as well as
us) from a possibly even worse experience...

Also, nobody seems to have suggested reporting the seller (which could be
offshore) to the website you got it from... I'd guess they get a good part
of their business from sites like that, and reporting their practice to
Jack Daniels, or whoever it was, might be worth the threat/effort. Not to
mention a fine item for the "caveat" appendix of your next edition !

(Which reminds me that I have a photograph of a guy walking west on
Bleecker Street with "caveat" tatooed in large letters down the back of
one calf, "emptor" down the other. I took two shots while running after
him -- the first is actually quite sharp, the second actually not.)

Whatever, thanks .

Judy