solarplate

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 02/21/06-09:12:59 AM Z

Yesterday I was preparing for a demo on solarplate to a printmaking class on
campus. I have always exposed my plates at home in a UVBL unit. On campus
they have this big thing that is a vacuum unit, maker is Atlas, and it has
what looks like a halogen type bulb in the bottom of the unit. It exposes
silkscreens in 90 secs.

In 25 MINUTES we did not get an exposure to work with solarplate. I called
Dan Welden and he suggested that the spectrum of this light source does not
match the spectrum needed for solarplate (in other words, probably not
enough UV output??)

Any comments/suggestions?? Luckily this fiasco (exposing and wasting 2
plates) was not in front of the class...
Chris