Re: using a scanner as a densitometer?

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 02/22/06-08:21:04 AM Z

Tom,

you are absolutely right about the learning curve it's very steep especially
now with all these packages available but but but to use a series of 21
values or up to 5 such series and plot a (intelligent) smoothed curve for
each is kind of child play for those who have even a little experience with
R. I already have this kind of function and I would gladly share it with
others after a bit of finishing. I'm sure something very similar can be done
with Excel which most of you could have already. I'm sure many alternative
are availlable and each present some level of learning even using a piece of
paper, a pen, etc to draw your own graph manually present some learning for
those who never did this before. For the limited number of times these graph
have to be done, I wonder if the paper solution wouldn't be the most user
friendly after all.

Regards
Yves