RE: sodium citrate, ammonium citrate, bleeding of borders

From: Eric Neilsen <e.neilsen_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:59:32 -0500

Chris, How old and seasoned are your developers? Staining will be very very
slight, if it happens at all, in a fresh developer but may start to be a
problem as the developer build up materials from previous prints; metal
salts, ferric, ferrous, and buffers, paper bits, etc.

And pH will change over the life of a developer if steps are not taken to
maintain it with both additional amounts of fresh
as well as addition of an appropriate acid.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226