Re: How old are we? ***VERY*** OLD !!

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:03:45 -0700

Good grief. Richard.......... I think you (and others) have missed
my point entirely. I have not argued that Dave shouldn't have been
removed from the list; I was careful to be clear that he deserved his
fate. I do miss him, because he was a good gum printer and had good
contributions to make about gum printing. My point was that if
anyone is allowed to indulge themselves by making political comments
here, then viewpoints that oppose those views must also be allowed,
with predictable consequences to the list, just as if it's allowed
to be disrespectful to one person or group, then it must be allowed
to be disrespectful to everyone, with equally predictable
consequences to the list. The point was about double standards; I
was arguing against double standards, for heavens' sakes, not against
Dave's expulsion. Geesh.

Katharine