Re: source for glutaraldehyde & Which gelatine ?

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/06/06-11:15:07 AM Z

I can surmise that the first layer of dichromated gum will in fact
harden
some of the gelatin sizing, but not in the highlights where it is most
needed to prevent stain. But, I'll try it anyway...
Chris

Chris

I have done six or more coats using unhardened gelatine with no hint of
staining in the highlights. People would not buy the prints if the process led to
staining.. If you want to put belt and braces on it, try a coat of
unpigmented dichromated gelatine first, drying it and exposing and developing it in
the usual way.

The gelatine concerned is 260 Bloom deionised ossein.

While I am setting up my new programme of workshops at the moment in
Richmond, Surrey, I will be giving a gum workshop in PA next year.

Although Loris may be having trouble with nightmares in launches, I will
include an update of this in my series of pdfs.

Incidentally, we are now making a replacement for Gloy.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

_www.hands-on-pictures.com/_ (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/)