Re: alternative colloids was RE: gloy for tricolor on yupo?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/31/06-07:33:33 PM Z

On Mar 31, 2006, at 5:19 PM, Gordon J. Holtslander wrote:

> What about mixing two colloids?

Gord, a few months ago you posted an interesting article about
combining two gums; as I recall it was gum tragacanth and gum arabic,
and as I recall the interesting thing about the article was that it
reported that the two gums together were more viscous than either of
them alone. Anyway, I passed that article along to a non-list
acquaintance who, last I heard, had had good luck with combining the
gums, and may even be printing tricolors on glass with the
combination, although this might be over a silane sub.
Katharine